If you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari to join or host a meeting, you will see a dialog box to launch the Zoom application. In Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, you can choose to always open links with Zoom, but this is not currently supported in Safari. Google Chrome is a fast, easy to use, and secure web browser. Designed for Android, Chrome brings you personalized news articles, quick links to your favorite sites, downloads, and Google Search and Google Translate built-in. Download now to enjoy the same Chrome web. Download Zoom for Chrome for Windows now from Softonic: 100% safe and virus free. More than 1406 downloads this month. Download Zoom for Chrome latest. The Zoom Extension for Browsers allows you to start or schedule your Zoom meeting with a single click from your browser or within Google calendar. Currently available for Chrome and Firefox. Zoom Mobile Apps. After clearing out my cache (completely) all my open in app preferences were cleared (expected). However, now when I try to open link such as Quip or Zoom, I get the prompt to open in the correct application, however, it doesn't show the 'Always open these types of links in the associated app'.
With Zoom Scheduler Chrome Extension
Participants can schedule Zoom meetings directly from Google Calendar.
This extension allows you to start an instant meeting or schedule future meetings.
Attendance links and details of the meeting are sent via Google Calendar invitations, and participants can join with one click from the calendar.
To take advantage of Chrome extensions
- Google Chrome Web Store Zoom Chrome Extension
- Google Zoom account, work email and password, or single sign on (SSO) login
- Create a meeting schedule using Google Calendar
Install the extension
You need to install Zoom Scheduler from the Chrome Web Store .
Click Add to Chrome at the top right of the extension window .
- The Zoom Chrome extension downloads an icon next to the Chrome address bar. Click the Zoom button to open the Chrome extension.
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- After signing in, the Chrome extension offers additional options.
- [ Schedule a Meeting ]: A new event opens in Google Calendar.
- [ Start a Meeting ]: Move the cursor to [Start a Meeting] and select whether to start with video or not.
- [ Name / email address ]: Click the name or email address to open the Zoom profile page.
- Gear Icon : Click the gear icon to open the Zoom Meeting Settings.
Schedule a meeting from Google Calendar
You can also invite Zoom meetings to Google Calendar.
- Create a new calendar event or edit an existing calendar event.
- Open additional options for events.
- For an existing calendar event, click More Options .
For existing calendar events, click the pencil icon.
Click [ Make it a Zoom Meeting ].
- The Zoom meeting is created, and the meeting details are entered in the Description field.
- Click Save .
Chrome extension schedule creation option
Every time you create a meeting schedule, you will see the option to create a Chrome extension schedule. Alternatively, you can create a meeting schedule automatically using the meeting settings you previously scheduled using the extension.
Zoom App Para Google Chrome
- [ Host Video ]: at the time of participation in the meeting, and choose whether to host the video on or off. The host has the option to start the video, even if it is off.
- [ Participant Video ]: at the time of participation in the meeting, and choose whether to turn on or off the participant’s video. Even if you select Off, participants have the option to start the video.
- [ Audio ]: Whether to allow the user to place a call using phone only, computer audio only, both phone and computer audio, or third party audio (if enabled for your account) Choose.
- [ Require Meeting Password ]: Here, select the meeting password, you can enter. Participants must enter this before joining a scheduled meeting.
- [ Enable join before host ]: Participants can join the meeting when the host is absent or before joining. The meeting ends after 40 minutes with a basic (free) subscription.
- [ Mute Participants Upon Entry ]: Mute all participants in the meeting if pre-host participation is not enabled.
- [ Use Personal Meeting ID ]: Check here to use a personal meeting ID . If not selected, a unique meeting ID will be randomly generated.
- [ Add watermark that identifies the viewing participant ]: Add a watermark to the shared content during the meeting. Click here for details on adding watermarks .
- [ Record the meeting automatically ]: Check here to automatically record the meeting. Choose to record locally (computer) or in the cloud ( zoom.us/recordings ).
- [ List In The Public Event List ]: Displays this meeting to the public event list (if enabled for your account). Click here for details on the public event list .
- [ Schedule For ]: If you have a schedule creation rights of another user, you can select the user to set a schedule from the drop-down. Click here for details on the schedule creation authority .
- [ Alternative Hosts ]: Enter the email address of another Zoom user with a PRO license in the host’s account, so that you can start the meeting when the host is out. Read more about alternative hosts .
Display option for schedule creation every time
By default, the meeting is scheduled with the options used in the previous meeting. However, the option to create a schedule will be displayed every time.
- Click the extension icon next to the address bar.
- Click the gear icon.
- Check [Allow me to specify meeting options each time].
You will be able to manually configure the following content each time.
- [ Schedule For ]: Choose whether you want the schedule to anyone of the calendar.
- [ Video ]: Set the host and participant video on / off .
- [ Audio ]: Select to join by phone, join from computer, or join from third party audio.
- [ Require Registration ]: Select the necessity of pre-registration every time.
- [ Require Meeting Password ]: Enter the meeting password every time manually
- [ Enable join before host ]: You can select whether you can join the meeting each time before the host starts.
- [ Mute paticipants upon entry ]: Select whether to mute the participant’s microphone each time.
- The schedule creation options will now appear each time you select Make it a Zoom Meeting .
If you receive a message that your session has expired (“Your Zoom Chrome Extension session has expired.”), You will need to re-login to the Chrome extension.
- Click the Zoom extension icon next to the address bar.
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
Zoom meetings would be better if your screen is 10 times bigger than your PC or phone screen. By having a bigger screen, you’ll be able to see the app’s contents or interface clearly and likewise the faces of the people you are talking to. Thus, screen mirroring your phone to TV is really useful in this kind of situation. Nowadays, many TVs offers the option of the Chromecast built-in. Therefore, in this article, we enlisted the best ways to cast Zoom to Chromecast.
How to cast Zoom meeting to Chromecast
Mirror Zoom to Chromecast from Android
Google Home can be a remote control for managing home devices like lights, speakers, cameras as well as Chromecast devices. On the other hand, Zoom has no built-in screen casting feature so it’s impossible to cast it on your TV. Fortunately, Chromecast and Google Home can make it possible for you. To learn how to cast Zoom to Chromecast using an Android phone, proceed to the steps below.
- On the HDMI port on your TV, plug the Chromecast device. After that, install Google Home on your phone.
- Once done, run the Google Home app on your phone then click plus icon at the upper left corner of your screen. Thereafter, click “Set up new devices in your home” button.
- Next, go to your WiFi settings and click Chromecast from the list of networks. Then, return to Google Home and click “Continue”.
- Confirm the code on your phone if it matches the code on your TV by clicking the “I see it” button.
- Then, you can start a Zoom meeting on your phone, and it will be shown on Chromecast TV instantly.
Zoom App For Google Chrome Windows 7
Cast Zoom to Chromecast from iPhone/iPad
Casting Zoom to Chromecast from iPhone or iPad requires a third-party app. Here we recommend you use Streamer for Chromecast. This app is capable of casting your media files and mirroring Zoom meetings from your iOS device instantly. Here are the steps to use Streamer for Chromecast to mirror Zoom meetings from your iOS device to a Chromecast TV.
- Connect Chromecast device and your iOS device to the same WiFi network.
- On your iDevice, download the Streamer for Chromecast app.
- Afterward, run the app and tap the “Screen Cast” button. Once the app recognizes the Chromecast device, click the “Connect” button.
- This time, tap “Start Mirroring”, then select “Chromecast” to mirror Zoom to Chromecast.
Display Zoom on TV with LetsView
If your TV does not have Chromecast built-in, you can also try using LetsView to cast Zoom meeting to your TV. This is a free screen mirroring tool that supports different platforms like iOS and Android making it accessible to anyone. Moreover, it allows screen mirroring mobile devices to Windows, Mac, and even Android TV, which makes it versatile and useful. Learn how this works by following the steps below.
- Connect your TV and phone to the same WiFi network.
- Install and run the LetsView app on both your phone and TV.
- Click a box on the upper right corner of your phone’s screen.
Note: The first box with two asterisks in it is for the PIN code and the second box is for the QR code.
- Then, scan or type the QR or PIN code from your TV screen to your phone screen.
- After that, you can start streaming Zoom to TV.
Don’t miss out on an amazing Zoom meeting experience, and cast Zoom meeting to Chromecast using tools above. And for those who do not have a Chromecast device, you can use LetsView as an alternative.