Free Online Video to Audio Converter Free Online Video to Audio Converter This online based video converter will accept files that are in 3GP, AVI, MPG, MPEG, MPE4, MOV, M4A, MJ2, FLV, WMV, MP4, OGG or WEBM format. You can convert videos that are located on remote servers or ones that are located on your computer. Free online video converter, audio converter. No download or account required. Convert files quickly and easily. Supports 200 + Formats of audio and video files.
If you’re looking for easy methods to convert your video to audio, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, I’ll show you how to convert video like Youtube video to audio step by step. You can convert your video to audio online or offline. And you can convert the video to any audio format you want, such as MP3, WAV, FLAC.
1 To get started, select any video from which you want to extract audio. Our converter supports MP4, MKV, MOV, WEBM, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPG, and 3GP formats. 2 Next, select the output audio format and use the conversion settings. Then click the 'Convert' button.
There are two options for you to convert video to audio: online or offline. You can pick one method according to your needs. If you’d like to convert more than one video, you can try both methods then determine which method is better.
Option 1: Convert video to audio online
Video To Audio Converter Online With Image
If you don’t want to install further third-party software on your computer, you can convert the video to audio online. Just find a website offering the converting service. If you’re not sure which website you could trust, you can go to www.onlinevideoconverter.com, then follow the on-screen instructions to convert the video. Note this method requires you to have a downloaded video. If you want to convert the video using a URL, Option 2would be your choice.
1) Prepare your downloaded video.
2) Open www.onlinevideoconverter.com.
3) Click the Select OR DROP FILE button.
4) Select the video you’d like to convert to audio, then click Open to proceed.
5) When the conversion completes, click the START button.
6) Select a format. In the screenshot shown below, I select .mp3 format.
7) Click the START button.
8) After the video is converted, click the DOWNLOAD button to download the audio.
Option 2: Convert video to audio offline with a video converter
Online converting looks good, as you don’t need to download any third-party software. But the audio quality may not be as good as you expect. What’s more, it doesn’t allow you to convert a video to audio from a URL. If you find online converting not so helpful for you, you can use Wondershare video converter to help you.
Video To Audio Converter Online
Wondershare video converter is a converter that allows you to convert the video to audio directly from a URL. You don’t need to download the video first. It’s more helpful when you’d like to convert the Youtube video to audio, as Youtube officially doesn’t allow you to download the Youtube video. To convert video to audio with Wondershare video converter, you just need a few mouse clicks.
First, download and install Wondershare video converter.
If you have a downloaded video, to convert it to audio:
1) Launch Wondershare video converter.
2) Click the Add files button, then select the video you want to convert to audio, then click Open to proceed.
3) Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all files to. Click the Audio tab, then select a format (in the screenshot shown below, I select MP3).
4) Click the Convert button or click the Convert All button.
5) Click Continue Trial (You can convert 5 videos with the Free version. Sap 2000 student version free. To convert more videos, go to Pro and enjoy more features.)
6) After the video is converted, click the Converted tab to show all converted videos.
Or click the Folder icon at the bottom of the interface to open the audio file in the folder.
If you have a video URL, to convert it to audio:
1) Launch Wondershare video converter.
2) Select the Download tab, then click Paste URL.
3) Copy the video URL from the address bar.
4) Paste the video URL into the box the click the Download button.
5) Select an audio format (In the screenshot below, I select MP3). Then click the Download button.
6) After download completes, click Finished to check the downloaded audio.
8) Open the audio file directly by clicking the audio. Or click the Folder icon to open the audio file in the folder.
Hope you find the tips here helpful. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to leave your comments. I’d love to hear of your any ideas or suggestions.
by Christine Smith • 2021-04-20 15:36:35 • Proven solutions
When you want to only use the audio content from your local video files, it makes sense to convert video to audio to save some additional storage space on your PC/Mac. Additionally, when you want to play your video files on your music player which only supports audio files, a video to audio conversion also be needed. Here, we will introduce 10 free video to audio converters and how to convert YouTube videos to audio format in simple steps.
Part 1. Best 5 Free Online Video to Audio Converters
If you do not have much space to download any software on your PC/Mac, online video to audio converter is your excellent choice for extracting audio files from your videos. These online program works from browser windows, support decent features, and are free to use. Now, let us know about these top-rated online tools.
1. Online UniConverter (originally Media.io)
Using this online program from your Windows or Mac browser, you can convert all popular video formats to MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, and other popular audio files. Local video files can be added to the program, and after the conversion is completed, the download link for the converted audio is available at the interface itself. Online UniConverter allows adding a maximum of two files at a time for conversion. The process of conversion is simple, and the speed depends on Internet connectivity.
- Works from the browser and needs no software installation or registration.
- Allows adding two files at a time.
- Supports all popular audio and video formats.
- Has additional video features, like editing videos, compressing videos/images, making GIFs, and cutting audio, etc.
- It only supports converting two videos at a time.
- The speed depends on the Internet connection.
2. Online Audio Converter
Online Audio Converter is a free online app that converts audio files easily. It supports different video formats to convert to MP3, WAV, FLAC, OGG, and M4R for iPhone ringtone, etc. Also, it processes the conversion quickly, and you don't have to install any software. This converter can convert multiple files in a batch. There is no worry that someone can have access to your data because your files are deleted from the server automatically after you finish the process.
- Supports extracting audio from the video.
- Allows editing track information.
- Supports working in a browser.
- No additional features.
- Limited formats support compared with professional tools.
3. Online Convert
Using this video to audio converter, you can convert a range of video files to MP3, AAC, FLAC, and other widely used audio formats. The process of conversion is simple that you can add video files from PC, Dropbox, Google Drive, or through a URL. Under the optional settings, audio bit rate, sampling rate, and audio channels can be edited. There is also an option to trim the unwanted parts of the audio file. Online Convert also allows you to normalize the audio file, and the conversion settings can be given a name and saved for future extractions. The converted file can be downloaded from the interface of the tool.
- No need for software installation or registration
- Allows trimming audio files
- Allows to change audio file parameters as needed
- No batch processing
- Limited formats to output.
When it comes to online tools, Zamzar is a popular tool that supports conversion between an array of file types and formats, including video to audio. All popular video formats are supported by the program for conversion in decent quality. The added video files can be extracted to MP3, AAC, AIFF, FLAC, and other commonly used audio formats. The interface of Zamzar allows adding local videos or their URL. Drag and drop also function here. The converted files link is sent to the provided mail id from where they can be downloaded. The interface of the tool is straightforward to use and understand. If you are looking for a primary conversion tool without any frills, this is the best choice.
- Allows adding files through URL in addition to local videos.
- Converted files link are sent to the desire mail id.
- No editing or additional features.
- Internet dependency.
5. Online Converter
Online Converter is a versatile and multipurpose converter, which contains Unit Converter, Video Converter, Audio Converter, Image Converter, Ebook Converter, and Document Converter. The converter is completely free service, and you can access this online service anytime and anywhere. The audio converter supports standard audio formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, M4A, AMR, OGG, AAC, M4R, and more, and even can convert custom audio format for iPhone and Android.
- Works for video, audio, documents, images, and archives.
- Supports source from URL links.
- No editing or additional features.
- The conversion process is not quick.
Part 2. Top 5 Free Video to Audio Converter Applications on Windows/Mac
If you don't mind compromising on a few features for a pocket-friendly conversion process, then there are many free video to audio desktop programs available. These free tools support basic video to audio conversion in decent quality and with all needed features. Listed below are the best free video and audio converters to use for free.
1. Wondershare Free Video Converter
This video to MP3 converter is free to download and available for Windows as well as Mac system and allows converting video formats to popular audio files. The converted files are of excellent quality but come with a watermark. The audio quality of the output can be chosen depending upon the available space and requirements. Wondershare Free Video Converter also allows downloading MP3 files from videos in a few simple steps. Additional features include video editing, recording 1-minute videos of Skype and PC, transfer of video and audio files to iOS and Android devices with restriction to a maximum of 5 files.
2. FAEMedia Free Video to Audio Converter for Windows/Mac
This is a free video to audio converter desktop program that supports over 300 video formats for conversion to audio files. More than 40 popularly used audio formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, M4A, and others, are supported for conversion. The converter supports trimming and removing the not needed audio parts of the file. The trimmed part can also be used as a ringtone and for other uses. Multiple audio files in different formats can also be added to make it a single audio file using the tool. Presets for all popular formats are supported to avoid quality and other issues. To enhance the quality, effects, and filters can be applied like adding ReplayGain, Normalize, changing speed, changing volume, and others. The software supports batch processing of up to 32 files at a time.
3. DVDVideoSoft Free Video to MP3 Converter
Supported by Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3, this free video to audio converter has a simple interface that makes the conversion process easy. The software supports popular video formats like AVI, M4V, WMV, FLV, and others for audio extraction. The added files can be converted to MP3 and WAV lossless format, and there is an option to choose the quality of the files from high, standard, and economy options. The software automatically fills the title tag and the artwork. The process takes place by taking the snapshot from the mid of the video, which is then checked through iTunes, Windows Explorer folder, or Winamp. You can download and install the software without any worries as it is free from adware and spyware.
4. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter supports converting to many formats, including AVI, MKV, and mobile formats like 3GP and MP4. The great thing about this software is that it allows users to run more than one conversions at once and merge multiple audios into one larger file. You can also use it to trim videos and add subtitles. This audio converter also can convert video files directly to a DVD or Blu-ray disc, and it provides an option to make a DVD menu when burning files to a disc. You can use it to download streaming clips from video sites and extract audio from video clips. But this converter has no speedy conversion and has not been updated for a long time.
5. Movavi Video Converter
Movavi Video Converter is another excellent video and audio file converter, which can support many different formats such as MP3, MP4, WAV, WMV, AVI, WAV, DVD, and AAC among others. There is no need to worry about using it because it's easy to learn and use, even on a surface level. The interface is user-friendly, and even people who have never used a video converter before will have no trouble in using it. It also has a healthy library of preprogrammed conversion and optimization profiles. But it has no feature that allows users to download videos online and cannot burn converted videos to DVD.
Part 3. Recommended Way to Convert YouTube Video to Audio
Convert Audio To Video File
To get your video files converted to an audio format in the best quality, Wondershare UniConverter is the best choice. This professional desktop software supports over 1,000 formats and allows conversion between them at a super-fast speed. All types of video files can be easily converted to MP3, WMV, WAV, FLAC, AAC, and other popular audio formats in just a few clicks. You can also choose the quality of the output audio file as needed. Additional features supported by the program include video downloading from over 10,000 sites, video recording, video editing, disc burning, and others. With Wondershare UniConverter, you can download videos to MP3 format in just a single click.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video to Audio Converter for Mac / Windows
- Convert video to audio files with 30X faster speed and high-quality output.
- Support 1,000+ video/audio formats like MP4/MOV/MKV/AVI/MP3/WAV/WMA/M4A, and so on.
- Download videos to MP3 files directly by pasting URLs.
- Built-in video/audio editor to crop, trim, rotate, add watermarks, apply effects to the video/audio files.
- Transfer video/audio files from PC/Mac to iOS/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Burn and customize videos to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Toolbox with additional functions like VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert Videos to MP3 Easily
Steps to Convert Video to Audio with the Best Video to Audio Converter:
Step 1 Open Wondershare Video to Audio Converter and Add Videos
Download Wondershare video to audio converter from its official website or download links above, then install and launch it quickly. By default, you'll go to the Video Converter tab. Click on the button to browse and import local video files to be converted. Drag and drop is also available here.
Step 2 Choose Output Audio Format
After videos are added, click on Output Format: drop-down menu on the top-right corner. From the new window, select the Audio tab that will show the list of supported audio formats. Select your desired audio format from the list and the output quality from the given options.
Step 3 Convert Videos to Audio Files
On the bottom File Location location, select folder on your computer where the converted file will be saved. Click on Start All button to start converting video files to audio format. On the program interface, the converted audio files can be checked from the Finished tab.
Conclusion: Wondershare UniConverter is a complete conversion tool if you want to convert MP4 to MP3 files with a good experience on speed, quality, formats, and others. Just download and install the program and enjoy loss quality audio extraction from your video files.