Introducing Drive File Stream — a new way to access all of your Google Drive files directly from your Mac or PC, without using up all your disk space. Unlike traditional file sync tools, Drive File Stream doesn’t require you to download your files first in order to access them from your computer. To download a file stored on Google Drive, use the files.get method with the ID of the file to download and the alt=media URL parameter. The alt=media URL parameter tells the server that a download. This video will show how to install Drive File Stream for Windows PCs. From Google Drive clicking the settings gear will get you to this Google Help Centr.
Follow the steps below to install and access Google Drive File Stream on a Windows machine: Can i watch tivo on macbook air.
- Do you currently have Google Drive Sync installed? If the answer is yes, go to step 2. If the answer is no, skip step 2 and go to step 3.
- Uninstall Google Drive Sync.
- Open Google Drive and select 'Download Drive File Stream for Windows' under Settings.
- Select the 'Download for Windows' blue button.
- The DriveFileStream.exe is now in Downloads and can be used to install File Stream. Execute (Open) the file.
- Sign in to Google Drive.
- Allow Drive File Stream to use the information listed.
- The process should take a couple of minutes, and you have successfully installed Google Drive File Stream.
You can access File Stream from the Task Bar or inside the Windows File Explorer.
Google Drive Download For Pc
Launch from the Task Bar
Launch from File Explorer
Google Drive File Stream Download Windows 7
File Stream allows end users to work offline. To work offline right mouse click on a folder or file and select Drive File Stream, Available Offline.
Google Drive File Stream Download For Windows
Complete instructions can be found under Google Drive Help - Use work or school files on your computer with Drive File Stream.