This tutorial shows how to install CWM / TWRP / PhilZ Recovery and Root Android One devices (Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream UNO and Karbonn Sparkle V) – Guide
Earlier we have shared a tutorial on how to unlock Bootloader on Android one devices. So after unlocking Bootloader you can install Custom Recovery and Root Android One and here in this tutorial we will guide you on how to install CWM / TWRP / PhilZ Recovery on Android One and how to Root Android One devices like Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream UNO and Karbonn Sparkle V.
Cwm Recovery Zip For All Android Devices Pc
- So let’s see how you can flash CWM recovery with Odin on Samsung Devices. PS: CWM is an abbreviation for ClockWorkMod. Also, this method can also be used to flash other recoveries like TWRP, Philz, and others considering that you have appropriate files for flashing.
- ClockworkMod Touch recovery (and recovery) is work that needs to put in for every new device that is released by a manufacturer. If work on ROM Manager ceased completely, all the premium features would continue working without issue. However, new recoveries do not port and build themselves.
An Android device. Before proceeding, we would recommend you to Backup your Android Device in case anything goes wrong. This will help you prevent any data loss. Let’s hope everything works out fine. Steps to flash CWM Recovery with Odin. Warning: This can potentially brick your device and make it unusable. So follow the instructions carefully. Good morning to all, i tried to install CWM Recovery ZIP from my computer and when i tried to out it on my phone my computer just went crazy.
So before we proceed lets prepare our device for the installation and rooting process by following pre-requites listed below.
- Backup all of your important data.
- Charge your device to at least 75% to avoid unwanted shutdowns.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Unlock Bootloader on Android One.
- Download and install suitable USB Drivers for your device on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable ore responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your device. So proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
Also Read: How to install CWM Recovery and Root Lenovo A6000
How to install CWM / TWRP / PhilZ Recovery on Android One devices:
- Download your desired Recovery from the links below:
- Make sure it is in .img format, if it is archived then extract it to obtain .img file.
- Rename it to recovery.img and move it to the Fastboot folder.
- Now open CMD in Fastboot folder. To do so, open the Fastboot folder and press and hold the shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
- Connect your device to PC and make sure it is detected.
- Now in CMD type the following commands and hit enter.
- Now your desired recovery is installed on your device and your device will reboot automatically.
How to Root Android One devices:
- Download the Rooting Package from here.
- Copy it to the root of your devices internal or external storage.
- Connect it to PC.
- Open CMD in Fastboot folder as described in the above custom recovery installation steps.
- Now in CMD type the following and hit enter.
Note: Alternatively you can enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously until the device turns on. Now navigate to Recovery Mode using Volume up and select it using Volume Down.
- Now from the Recovery Mode flash the Rooting package. How? Follow the guide here.
- Once installed reboot your device and check for Root permissions using Root checker app.
That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM / TWRP / PhilZ Recovery and Rooted Android One Device. Do let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries.
This page may contain affiliate links so we earn a commission. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more info.
ROM Manager is THE MUST HAVE APP for any Android root user.
* Flash your recovery to the latest and greatest ClockworkMod recovery.
* Manage your ROMs via a handy UI.
* Organize and perform backups and restores from within Android!
* Install ROMs from your SD card.
* Install your favorite ROMs over the air!
If work on ROM Manager ceased completely, all the premium features would continue working without issue. However, new recoveries do not port and build themselves. Without ClockworkMod Touch being a per device purchase, there is no way to recoup recurring server costs and labor. Keeping ROM Manager free and operational costs tens of thousands of dollars a year, and that does not include engineering costs.
Droid X/2/Pro Users: You must run the Bootstrap application first to use ROM Manager.
Samsung users: You must flash a Clockwork compatible kernel first (see XDA forums)