Asset Generator Npm
The UWP Visual Assets Generator creates all the visual assets needed for an UWP app. You can also choose the width of your icon within the asset.
- Uses SVG by default to avoid scaling problems.
- Type of asset can selected, you can use different icons for every asset type.
- Generated files can be added automatically to project and
- You can fine-tune the width of the logo.
- Generates files for every scaling or size, not only the recommended ones.
Using the UWP Visual Assets Generator
- Create Logo
Preferred format is SVG because it's a vector format and has no problems with scaling. The logo should be square and should have no additional space around it. You could use Inkscape (Freeware) or Adobe Illustrator to create a logo.
- Add logo(s) to your project
You can simply drag and drop the file(s) to your
Assets (or another) folder.
- Open the Tool Window
View -> Other Windows -> UWP Visual Assets Generator
- Refresh Project List
Click refresh and the list of projects is updated.
- Select Project from the List
This is important because the
Package.appxmanifest file in the selected project will be updated.
- Select the Input File
Select the file you want to use for the visual assets. Supported formats are SVG (preferred), PNG, GIF and JPG.
- Select the Output folder
The output folder will be predefined with the
Assets folder whenever you choose a project. But you can also change the folder. It's a good idea to choose a seperate folder if you have also other files in your
- Select the Asset Type
You can generate all assets or only spefific ones. So you can also use different icons for different asset types.
- Fine Tune the Icon Width
The icon width is preset to the defaults defined by Microsoft. If you want to use another size, expand the width settings with 'Width of Logo in Asset'. You can change the width for every individual asset type.
- Select small logo format
Select if you want plated or unplated small icons (app list, taskbar, ..).
Click the 'Generate' button and your assets will be created. If you selected 'Add to Project and Manifest' the generated files will be added to your project and the
Package.appxmanifest file will be changed.
- Check the Result
Package.appxmanifest and select the tab 'Visual Assets'. If you see no red cross everything should be ok. If not you have propably additional image files and Visual Studio can not decide which one it should use. Run the app and check the different logos (tile, applist, task bar, splashscreen).
- Fix for VS2017 final release
- Support for VS2017 added
- Images for Badge logos will be checked for correct colors
- Inkscape sometimes generates SVG files which produce undesired results after conversion to PNG. Especially text is problematic. I have to do further investigations how this can be avoided. BTW Illustrator files are ok.
- Guidelines for tile and icon assets
Detailed documentation from Microsoft about tiles and icon assets.
A free vector graphics editor, available for Windows, OS X and Linux
Les mills body pump. Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY
Product Disclosure Statements (PDSs) for the offer of the AMP Capital Investment Funds have been lodged with the Registrar of Financial Service Providers. The Goals Based Funds PDS can be obtained from our website and from the Disclose website www.business.govt.nz/disclose. Nothing on this page is financial advice for the purposes of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and any associated regulations. You can seek advice from a financial advisor to help you make an investment decision. The Manager and the Issuer of the Fund is AMP Investment Management (NZ) Limited, Meridian Building, Level 1, 55 Lady Elizabeth Lane, Queens Wharf, Wellington.
Copyright © FundSource Limited. The fund information and ratings are intended for general information purposes. The information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation, and is not a guide to future performance. The information is published under license from FundSource Limited (“FundSource”) and may not be redistributed or reproduced without FundSource's consent. For detailed explanation of the ratings methodology and disclaimers of liability please visit www.fundsource.co.nz.
Generator Asset Life
- Assets Generator. Generate Assets for your next App in seconds. Please upload your asset in SVG or High Quality PNG for best result. Generate Assets.
- Avoid relying on just one income source to make ends meet. Instead, consider investing in income-generating assets to diversify your income.